Tuesday 12 February 2013

I have to start somewhere...

This is my first blog. This is also my first time reaching out for support while I try to make life changes. I know, I know...ANOTHER weight loss blog. The world doesn't need another one of those. But *I* do. And this is about me...not the rest of the world. I want to connect with people who are going through a similar process..I want support from loved ones and friends..and strangers. I want to hold myself accountable and feel like I have something to look forward to each week...somewhere to post my accomplishments, and struggles. I can't do this alone...it's not working. Even if no one reads this, I feel like having a creative, public outlet will keep me going longer. I plan to post weekly, with a list of my successes  struggles, down right failures and a weigh in. I will also include photos and my goals for the following week. I will include my work out routines and some favorite recipes. How does that sound? I might even make this a food journal...we shall see. Stay tuned.

I've been putting off my weight loss plan for months. Years, really. at 135 lbs I felt fat. At 142 lbs..I started to get scared...and embarrassed of my body. I don't know where 150 - 160 went..I hit 168 lbs and every day since I've begged the scale not to show an extra pound. I've cried. I've woken up in the middle of the night and ordered random weight loss plans...I've bought weight loss books, healthy eating cook books, paid for eating plans online. But my success (failure) is all ME. It's not the product that failed..it's me and my mindset. I start off with great intentions! each and every time. Then I just get discouraged and give up. With barely ONE good day under my belt. I can't even reach ONE DAILY GOAL!??!!? Something is wrong with me. It's time to change..and be healthy. Mind and body. I have to teach myself to set and reach goals. In all aspects of my life really...when did I stop holding myself accountable? I'd say maybe 3 years ago. THIS is my problem. Not my love of snacks...not my love of watching TV shows, and dislike of walks. Not holding myself accountable and setting/reaching ANY goals is my number one problem. Well. I have to start somewhere. One goal at a time. One pound at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment